Thursday, October 25, 2012

Full time Mommy.

So, as of Tuesday, I became a "full time" mommy to Kenji.  And as of today, it will remain that way bc our private insurance denied Kenji of having private duty nursing and so did Medicaid.  Before, I felt half a mom to him because he was with his nurses 16 hours a day.  Now, I'm with him all day & night(unless I'm out running errands).  I'm not complaining, I love it!  I don't even mind waking up in the middle of the night to change him.  At least I'm not waking up every 3 hours to make a bottle and feed him yet!  I do everything he needs me to now(minus labs).  

He wakes up so happy and good.  Sometimes I don't even know he's awake...LOL
He was being a good boy in his bouncy while I was getting his fluids ready.  I was surprise to see him reaching/touching his toys.  PT & OT sure is paying off.
See him in action!
Then he was being a good boy again doing tummy time on my lap while I get ready.
Now...on to today!
Around 6ish, I was awaken by the sound of his monitor.  I did what I was taught to troubleshoot it then come to find out...the line for his Lipids broke and was dripping out fluids...so I hooked up a new tubing and we were good to go.  Then we woke up around 8ish to get ready for his Peds appt.  As I was changing him I noticed his ostomy bag was lifting so I went ahead and changed his bag too.  I got Kenji all ready to go and of course we were running late ;)  As soon as I arrived, his TPN monitor started to beep (OMG!)  And I couldn't get it to stop!  After about 15 minutes of trying, I was about to turn back home so I can change that tubing too bc my baby can not go without his TPN.  His sugar starts to drop immediately once he's off the TPN.  Luckily, it stopped after priming it like 10 times!  So, we saw the Ped, everything is fine...blah blah blah.  We came home, OT came around 12ish.  Kenji was not a happy baby since he hasn't napped all day. So OT ended short.  I changed his fluids, checked his blood sugar and went ahead and changed  his broviac dressing too.  Phew!  He slept pretty good here on out since he's been bothered and poked his whole morning.  That was a good thing bc I found time to paint my nails!  I think I earned the title "Super Mommy of the Day!"  LOL  Oh, and an update on Pittsburgh, we are shooting for sometime in December to go up for his initial transplant evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment