Monday, March 11, 2013

Room 201 Pt. 1

Saturday (3/9) was a busy day/night for all of us.  Kenji went to bed around 10:30ish.  I was done with the night and headed to bed at around 1ish and he felt warm to the touch when I kissed him goodnight.  I took his temp and he was 102.4.  I told DH and we left for the ER.  Blood cultures and labs were done (like usual) and he was given a tylenol suppository to help the fever.  We were admitted and we didn't get a room till about 7am.  I was so mad and tired.  Like seriously?!  Kenji's blood culture grew a Gram Negative Rod bacteria (nothing specific yet).  So he's getting 2 types of IV antibiotics to treat that.  And today we find out his culture also grew yeast (nothing specific yet either).  AIYAYA!  So another antibiotic is added to the list. The plan is to treat it thru the line first for a week or so.  If that doesn't do the trick then his broviac will have to be pulled...AGAIN!  His blood count and platelets are dropping dramatically too bc of all the labs and cultures that's being done.  He will be getting a blood transfusion here in the next few hours.  Ok, that's it for now.  I will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment